How to prepare for the visit:
- Fast at 10 PM the night prior to appointment (water is ok). Specific conditions (diabetes, extremely young animals, other medical concerns) that may be impacted with fasting can be discussed with us prior to the appointment.
- Bring all medications the pet is taking in the original packaging
- If records/radiographs haven’t been sent, please provide them for the client to bring with them at their first visit.
What to expect during the first visit:
- Hour-long appointment
- Full history with our technician
- Full neurological/physical exam with our neurologist
- Treatment Plan for diagnostics/follow-up
- If Dr. McDonnell feels an MRI is the next step, it can either be done the same day as the appointment or scheduled for a different day.